Full time Trainee Cad Technician/Surveyor Assistant
Location: Head Office based at Sunbury-on-Thames
Main Function of the job:
The ideal candidate will learn to complete/enhance final AutoCad drawings from survey data including other office duties. To assist the surveyor on site, in his or her day to day duties
Office - Cad Technician (ability after training)
- Understand the principals and accuracies required by the Company in the formulation of completing final survey drawings for delivery
- Understand how to process and extract AutoCad 'dwg' format drawings from the survey processing software - GeoSite
- Ability to setup drawings ready to work on for completion within AutoCad
- Creation of additional layers, colours, viewports etc. to finalise and enhance the drawing
- Creation of a suitable sheet in accordance with the 'survey scale' add the survey station co-ordinate table and the tree schedule as necessary
- Verification of the above and the checking of any survey notes to be applied to the drawing
- Produce hard copies and deliverables to the client by post (if required) and email under the direction of the managers
- Ability to 'clean up' from time to time the Job Working directories then archive to the server as directed by the managers
- Ability to answer the telephone with a clear and confident manner, taking of messages and connecting calls to the correct person.
- Undertake other duties within the office as directed by the Manager
Field - Surveyor's Assistant (ability after training)
- To assist the surveyor in obtaining the necessary equipment/materials for the job
- Under the direction of the surveyor set-up the equipment and operate, further set-ups as necessary will be required
- There is the possibility that some sites may be extensively overgrown and therefore you will be required to operate hand held cutting equipment.
- Communicate with the public when approached under the direction from the surveyor
- To accurately record the survey codes or information as provided by the surveyor
- Assist the surveyor in the processing of the collected data
- Adhere to company policies at all times
Experience Preferred: Degree/Diploma and/or some Survey/Cad Experience. Would ideally suit a local school or College leaver
Salary and Benefits: Starting salary at TBC pa (PAYE) plus benefits after probationary period of up to 3 months.
Start Date: Immediate
For more information and to apply: Please send all CVs to Andrew Larch: Andrew.email@example.com or call the office on 01932 761196 for an informal chat.